Who We Are
Below you will find statements that summarize our community. The best way to get to know us, of course, is to come and see in person what we are like. Everyone is welcome.
Who We Are
Highland Covenant Church is a community of all ages and walks of life committed to following Jesus Christ together.
What We Believe
As a member church of the Evangelical Covenant Church, we affirm the following:
• The centrality of the word of God
• The necessity of the new birth
• A commitment to evangelism, compassion, and justice.
• The church as a community of believers
• Conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit
• The reality of freedom in Christ
• To learn more, you can go to www.covchurch.org/affirmations.
What We Do
Our common life is organized around four main activities:
• Inviting people into a relationship with God and God’s people (the Church)
• Including people as full members of the community
• Growing together in our faith
• Going out to share the good news in word and deed.
How We Do It
We build relationships marked by:
Grace: Loving others gracefully as God loves us in Christ.
Servanthood: Humbly putting others first.
Honesty: Telling the truth in love about ourselves and each other.
Trust: Believing the best about each other and supporting church leadership.
Hospitality: Welcoming others into our lives, particularly those different from us or difficult for us.
Our Current Focus
After time spent in prayer and conversation, we concluded that in this season God has called us to invest significant time, energy, and resources to the following purpose: “As the body of Christ at Highland, we will reach the Crossroads community by focusing on children and their families.”